Earlier today, I got my tax return check which inspired me to go grocery shopping and make something delicious for dinner.
Now, if you know me, you know I LOVE spicy food. You can never go wrong with jalapenos or Hot Rotel (very authentic, I know). So, I decided to combine the two and make a jalapeno chicken casserole--just in time for Cinco de Mayo!
Warning: This recipe is not for the faint of heart. You must love jalapenos. And spice. And everything nice.
Pair with a Corona or margarita and you are good to go. Ole!
- 1 pound cut up boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups shredded Habanero cheese
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can Hot Rotel
- 1 8 oz. package wild rice
- 1/2 cup jalapenos
- Pour out juices from Rotel can into skillet and cook chicken.
- Cook rice according to package, minus 1/4 cup water. Drain and cool.
- Mix cut up chicken breast, 1 cup cheese, soup, Rotel and rice in bowl.
- Place mixture into a 9-inch pan. Add remaining cheese over the top.
- Garnish with more jalapenos (this is optional--I add 12 or so to the top of the cheese).
- Bake at 325 degrees F for half hour.