Now, I wish I could take credit for this recipe but, sadly, I cannot. However, I did add a couple "Annie" modifications to it (as you read this blog more, you will come to realize that I LOVE spicy food and like adding more spice any chance I get)... Oh, and get this.. it's healthy for you! Enjoy this Easy Mexican Chicken and Beans (from Betty Crocker's website).
- 1 lb. uncooked chicken breast strips for stir-fry
- 1 package (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
- **Annie Modification** Use Old El Paso's Hot and Spicy seasoning for even more of a flavor burst.
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed.
- 1 can (11 oz) Mexicorn whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, undrained
- 1/4 cup water **Annie Modification** 1 can (10 oz) of Hot Rotel tomatoes (if you can't handle spicy food, use either Rotel Mild or Original for less zest).
- Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken to skillet; cook over medium-high heath 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in the center.
- Stir in seasoning mix, beans, Rotel, corn and water. Cook over medium high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with tortillas (or tortilla chips).