I decided it was necessary though to take some time out of my evening to make a homemade, delicious Sunday dinner.
And what are we having for Sunday dinner?
A cream cheese chicken casserole. Mmmm mmmm mmmm mmmm....mmmm!
When I found this recipe, I looked at the nutritional facts and found that it was CRAZY high in fat, calories and cholesterol (hello 100% DV!), so this is my healthier, lower calorie/fat/cholesterol version.
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 ounce Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup sodium free chicken broth
- Sprinkle chicken with dry salad dressing mix.
- Melt margarine in skillet and brown chicken.
- Remove chicken to casserole dish.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook slightly.
- Add cream soup, cream cheese and chicken broth to make sauce. Stir until smooth consistency.
- Pour sauce over chicken and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour or until done.
- Serve over potatoes, rice or pasta. Enjoy!